CUVÉE LA FOLIE D’ANA 2012
100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Alcohol content: 13.5%
HARVEST AND VINIFICATION
- October 22nd 2012 for the Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Hand sorting after de-stemming.
- Winemaking: Traditional cement tanks with temperature control.
- Fermentation: 15-20 days for alcoholic fermentation, 20 days for malo-lactic fermentation.
- Aged for 14 months in new French oak barrels.
- Yield: 38 hectolitres per hectare
- Density: 5100 vines per hectare
Production: 7,000 bottles
This wine is part of the first vintage produced with the guidance of Stéphane Derenoncourt. We have chosen to also produce a single varietal wine using the exceptional quality of the Cabernet Sauvignon grapes from our terroir which produce from the limestone plateau as opposed to the more gravelly soils of the Medoc. The result is smooth, delicious wine with full flavour but with less harsh tannins.
La Folie d’Ana brings together the essence of the soil with the sensual roundness of the grapes along with the magic of the Maker. Flowers, fruit and spices aromas, strong tannins with the elegance of the oak that weave together to create a round wine on the palate with great personality.
La Folie d’Ana has just been awarded a Bronze Medal at the Decanter Asia Wine Awards in September 2014!
Decanter Asia Wine Awards
“Lovely plum fruit nose. Juicy black berry, black cherry, date and cassis fruit on the palate, beautiful fruity finish with toasty hints.”
China Wine and Spirits Awards
Another Bronze Medal for our special cuvée in January 2015!
Decanter World Wine Awards
Our special cuvée is Commended by Decanter!