CUVÉE LA FOLIE D’ANA 2014
100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Alcohol content: 13.5%
HARVEST AND VINIFICATION
- October 15th 2014 for the Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Hand sorting after de-stemming.
- Winemaking: Traditional cement tanks with temperature control.
- Fermentation: 20 days for alcoholic fermentation, 20 days for malo-lactic fermentation.
- Aging in new French oak barrels.
- Yield: 41 hectolitres per hectare
- Density: 5100 vines per hectare
The exceptional quality of the Cabernet Sauvignon grapes from our terroir which produce from the top part of our limestone plateau continues to astonish. The result is a smooth, delicious wine with full flavour but with less harsh tannins. This wine is part of the third vintage produced with the guidance of Stéphane Derenoncourt. La Folie d’Ana 2014 has just brought our first 90 points rating and a silver medal at the prestigious Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2016.
James Suckling – Wine Spectator
En primeur, 31st March 2015, Score: 89-90. “A subtle and delicate wine with blueberry, stone and blackberry character. medium body, fresh finish. Pure cabernet sauvignon.”
Antonio Galloni – Vinous
“A rare 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from Côtes de Castillon, the 2014 La Folie d’Ana is super-refined from the very first taste. Dark red cherry, plum, violets, rose petal and mint all come together in a feminine gracious wine built on pure elegance, while silky tannins confer an impression of finesse, elegance and nuance. Varietal notes are pushed to the background in this distinctly fruit-driven wine, yet all the elements are very nicely balanced. (88-91)”
Tim Atkin, MW
En primeur, April 2015. Score: 88.