85% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc
Alcohol content: 15.0%
HARVEST AND VINIFICATION
- October 9th 2010 for the Merlot and Cabernet Franc, October 20th for the Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Hand sorting after de-stemming.
- Winemaking: Inox (stainless steel) and cement tanks.
- Fermentation: 15-20 days for alcoholic fermentation, 20 days for malo-lactic fermentation.
- Aged for 14 months in new French (90%) and American (10%) oak barrels.
- Yield: 38 hectolitres per hectare
- Density: 5100 vines per hectare
- Average age of vines: 30 years
Production: 25,000 bottles
Deep bright ruby red color with hints of violet hues demonstrating it’s youth. Medium plus-plus viscosity, thin transparent rim.
It is a very fruit forward wine with a quite surprising perfect ripeness showing lots of red and dark berries such blue berries, ripe even dried cranberries, plums and mirtile. Non fruit aromas can be sensed as well such as licorice, vanilla bean and a mild minty fresh sweetness. The smokiness and soft perfumed incense of the oak influence is in very good balance very nicely integrated to the wine.
Regarding structure, the wine is dry, fresh, has medium plus acidity, high alcohol – full bodied, and medium firm ripe and round tannins. The nose expression can be confirmed on the palate. It has a medium-long finish that lingers with a nice fresh and ripe fruit sensation.
Perfect with red meat dishes and strong cheese.