85% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc
Alcohol content: 13.0%
HARVEST AND VINIFICATION
- September 22nd 2011 for the Merlot and Cabernet Franc, October 10th for the Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Hand sorting after de-stemming.
- Winemaking: Inox (stainless steel) and cement tanks.
- Fermentation: 15-20 days for alcoholic fermentation, 20 days for malo-lactic fermentation.
- Aged for 18 months in new French oak barrels.
- Yield: 38 hectolitres per hectare
- Density: 5100 vines per hectare
- Average age of vines: 31 years
Production: 30,000 bottles [SOLD OUT]
A deep ruby red, the first nose reveals a spicy sweetness related to the Merlot. Rich oak aromas combining mocha, caramel and vanilla with those of ripe fruit : blackberries, blackcurrants culminating into more complex smoky aromas of toasted almonds.
On the palate it has a good bite mellowing into the full-bodied aromatic flavours of black fruit, revealing powerful spicy tannins with a hint of peppercorn.
The wine has been selected in the 2015 Guide Hachette and won a Gold Medal at the Concours de Bordeaux – Vins d’Aquitaine 2014 and a Commended Award at the 2014 Decanter World Wine Awards 2014 in London.
The Gold Medal wine was selected as one of the “Coup de Coeur” wines at the Bordeaux and Aquitaine Wine Festival in Wuhan, China 2014.
The wine keeps improving with age and in January 2015 was awarded a Double Gold Medal by the China Wine and Spirits Awards in Hong Kong!